Transport Economics deals with the trade-offs involved in planning, organizing and transporting passengers and freight. Our consultants at Oslo Economics perform economic analysis in a number of areas within passenger and goods transport, including:
- Economic analysis of infrastructure projects on road, rail and sea transport
- Analysis of transport agencies tools for Economics – EFFEKT and Merklin
- Modelling of effects of queues on roads
- Development of methods for dealing with bottlenecks in the transport network
- Analysis of the competitive conditions in the transport sector
Oslo Economics has long experience in conducting economic analyses within the transport sector, and has framework agreements for economic assessment for the Norwegian Public Roads Administration, Jernbaneverket (the Norwegian government’s agency for railway services) and Ruter (the public transport authority for Oslo and Akershus).